Campbell River's first school

Teacher Miss Barwise can be seen on the steps by the door.

E.R.T. crossing Island Hwy, Campbellton

Looking north down the Island Hwy. with the Elk River Timber crossing in the foreground. First building on the right is the Quinsam Hotel.

First Anglican Church

Possibly the funeral services for Charles Thulin.

First Nations people in ceremonial dress, July 1st

Woman at front may be Katie Ferry. Members of the Campbell River Reserve participating in the July 1st parade at Lane Field.

Group of Campbell River Brownies on Stage

Campbell River students protest for new gymnasium

Tour group at John Hart Generating Station

Forestry group in front of BC Hydro's John Hart Generating station, Campbell River.

Murphy with his catch

John Hart dam and spillway, January 1968

The old support for the wooden bridge, which previously spanned the river, is visible at the bottom left.

Campbellton after a snow storm, 1938

Tyee Club officers

Campbell River Fire Department

Left to right: Top - Bill McIntosh, Rolf Haig, Dave Proctor, Doug Robinson; Bottom - Bernie Dougherty, Bob Nuttal, and Walter Boles.

Miss Campbell River

Miss Campbell River, July, 1968.

First Willows Hotel, later called the Annex

UNESCO Conference at Campbell River

Patrick Watson, the keynote speaker, being briefed by Geoff Goodship (centre) and Principal John Young (right).

Campbell River residents on board the Thulin's boat

From left: Kate Crawford, Elin Thulin, Mrs. T.W. Hansen & Anna Thulin, Walter Crawford & Mr. T.W. Hansen onboard the Thulin's boat 'City of Lund'

Tom Merry with his catch

Tom Merry with his catch, and man and woman anglers.

Opening of the new government wharf, Campbell River

Opening ceremonies for the new wharf in Campbell River, January 16, 1950. Opening event was conducted by the Campbell River Chamber of Commerce and attended by J.L. Gibson, Independent member for the Comox-Alberni riding. Carl Thulin is fifth from left.

Salmon on the scales

Roderick Haig-Brown

The McDonald family home

This house was on the north side of Campbell River, and later became Vanstone property.

Campbell River High School badminton Team

The boy in front wearing the striped sweater may be Terry Kajiwara.

Willow Point's new fire truck arrives

Members of the Willow Point Volunteer Fire Department in front of their new fire truck.

BC Hydro employees at John Hart Generating Station

Group of employees in the workshop at BC Hydro's John Hart Generating Station. Photo taken July 6, 1965.

Opening ceremonies for the village of Campbell River's water supply

Opening ceremony for the village's water supply from John Hart Dam. On left Village Commissioners, John Baikie and Oscar Thulin.